Beans Thoran / Stir fry with coconut
- Preparation Time : 10
- Author: Parvathy Rakesh Serves: 2
- Beans finely sliced 200 Grams
- grated coconut 50 Grams
- shallots 4 Nos
- dried red chillies 2 Nos
- curry leaves 2 sprigs
- birds eye chilli 2 Nos
- coconut oil 2 Tablespoons
- mustard seeds 1 Teaspoons
- jeera seeds 1/2 Teaspoons
- urad dal 1/2 Teaspoons
- turmeric powder 1/2 Teaspoons
- salt 1 To Taste
Take a pan , add oil and temper mustard seeds , urad dal and curry leaves.
Add chopped beans to it and stir well.
In a mixie jar, grind coconut, jeera, shallots and birds eye chilli. (5 second pulse grind will do)
Pour the grinded mixture to the beans, add salt and turmeric powder , mix well.
Cook without covering the lid, thats the ideal method of making thoran in kerala style.
when water evaporates completely, flame off.
best to have with rice and curd.